We have been informed of the following news from the various properties:
Effective 1 January 2017, Arathusa Safari Lodge will only have Luxury Rooms. All Standard Rooms will be upgraded to the new room category over the remainder of the year, with no impact to guests booked into the lodge.
The new configuration at Arathusa will be 9 water-facing Luxury Rooms, and 4 bush-facing Luxury Rooms. All rooms will be on the same rate structure. Although bush-facing rooms have no view of the waterhole, they do have private plunge pools and are located a short distance from the lodge. The new water-facing rooms have private verandahs overlooking the waterhole, open plan bedroom and lounge area, bathroom en-suite and outdoor shower.
New images may be accessed within the high res image gallery, accessed via this Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0zhrexii3pgqye0/AAB7JGR-V7bYkwx2bPRJtrV1a?dl=0
Bay Lodge – Mossel bay
Will be closed from business with immediate effect.
Cooking Wild Safari (new Product)
As described in our previous newsletter Cooking Wild Safaris 2017 – Franschhoek – Josy from Ilanga will experience this product from 23rd to 25th August 2016 and our feedback will follow.
Re-opening of the lodge (after burning down) has been delayed – guests are being upgraded free of charge to the other Entabeni Lodge (as per communication from Ilanga when applicable). Date of opening not known and will be advised as soon as we are informed.
Jaci’s Sabi House (new product)
Jaci’s Sabi House is an exclusive-use, private abode situated in the Northern Sabi Sand Reserve. The fully-staffed, thatch home is the ideal destination for the ultimate safari/bush-getaway, with access to prime game viewing areas within the Sabi Sand – you can be assured of a safari to be remembered.
- Location – Northern Sabi Sand game reserve – entrance via Gowrie Gate only
- Accommodation & Facilities – Jaci’s Sabi House can accommodate a maximum of 6 adults. Minimum 4 guests / Maximum 6 guests
- Main House – 1 x king bedded room accommodating a maximum of two persons, bathroom with bath and shower
- Separate Guest Cottage – 2 x twin bedded guest rooms each accommodating a maximum of two persons with own en-suite bathroom with shower – Outdoor patio area overlooking indigenous garden and dam/waterhole
- Main Lodge – Kitchen, indoor dining and lounge area – Outdoor dining and lounge area – Grassy outdoor area leading onto swimming pool – Great views over active dam/waterhole – Limited internet access – Cell phone coverage only in certain areas and not consistent
- Entire property has only a single strand of electric wire around the perimeter of the dwellings – all wild animals can enter the property if they so desire – therefore NO children 12 years and younger are not permitted at Jaci’s Sabi House.
No longer managed by Mantis – The letting of apartments has been taken over by Chas Everitt estate agents acting on behalf of the sectional title suite owners.
Ivory Lodge will definitely be open on 1st November 2016.
Madikwe Safari Lodge
- There are now 4 Family Rooms at Madikwe Safari Lodge – Lelapa Lodge (these were completed at the end of May)
- Treehouse completion, which is also a family option (Sleeps 4) is for early 2017.
- From 1st September 2016 boat cruises will be included in the rate
- With immediate effect guests will have an optional game drive or boat cruise as an afternoon activity at Marataba Trails Lodge
- The date for completion of the Treehouse at Marataba is around the middle of next year, and it will be a family option (sleeps 4)
- Family rooms built will be added and should also be completed by mid 2017.
- Street-scaping of Nicol street will commence shortly and will give the street a complete facelift. This will be completed by the end of September.
- A soft refurb will commence shortly and will be ongoing for the foreseeable future at MORE quarters, until all apartments are done. As the apartments are independent there will be no impact on the other guests.
- The extra 4 x One Bedroom apartments will be completed by June 2017.
The plot next to the hotel is being developed – the new building is a 4 story apartment building. Building duration is unknown, and impact on guest experience is anticipated.
Royal Cape Golf Course
Will be closed from 13 – 28 November 2016 for the Cape Town Open.
Simbavati Hilltop Lodge
A new dam wall is being built 300 meters from the lodge – construction work is to be completed by the end of September 2016.
- Our course will be closed from the 15th August 2016 – 20 August 2016 for our Annual Hollow Tining.
- We will be hosting a Sunshine tour event this year and therefore our course will be closed from the 25th September 2016 – 01 October 2016.
- Please remember that from the 19th December 2016 – 5 January 2017 our tee times will be based on the TWO TEE start therefore our morning times will be from 07h00 – 09h00 and afternoon times are from 12h00 – 14h00
From 1st July until 15th September 2016 Spier will be working on improving the reception area at the Spier Hotel and will therefore be closing this area off to the guests.
During the construction phase Spier will have a new area adapted for check-in and any guest enquiries. All measures have been put in place to ensure that the guest experience is not affected whatsoever during this time.
Villas at Le Franschhoek
As of 1st August 2016, The Villas will cease to operate as an independent property and will be integrated with Le Franschhoek Hotel & Spa.